Re: Request to move hurd-i386 w-b back to buildd.d.o

Michael Banck wrote:
> Dear wanna-build team,

Hi

> we (the Debian GNU/Hurd buildd maintainers) would hereby like to request
> getting added to the official w-b database again.  hurd-i386's w-b is
> currently hosted at buildd.debian-ports.org.

Sorry for the late reply. We acknowledge your request and agree to
include hurd-i386 into the official wanna-build again.

> For some time now, we have a redundant (albeit para-virtualized) buildd
> infrastucture with rossini, bach and mozart (on two different Xen
> servers at different locations), so the port is currently keeping up
> quite well as far as out-of-date packages are concerned.

> If you agree to a move, we would like merge/migrate/transition the
> existing w-b database on buildd.debian-ports.org, if possible.  The
> reason for this is that contrary to GNU/Linux ports, there are a lot of
> failed builds on hurd-i386 and we spent quite some time manually setting
> the failed and dep-wait states together with meaningful reasons.

We still have to look for a good way to migrate this data as well as
actually configuring wanna-build to include hurd-i386, please be a bit
patient as currently we are quite busy with other stuff.

> The current buildd maintainers for the hurd-i386 port are Samuel
> Thibault (sthibault@debian.org) and Michael Banck (mbanck@debian.org)
> and we plan to do this job in the future as well on buildd.debian.org if
> approved.

Right, though this is a step after the actual move.

> We are glad to provide any further information that would be needed.

Ok. Currently we are rather busy, but I wanted to let you know that a
decision is made and preparations are ongoing.

Cheers

Luk