Request to move hurd-i386 w-b back to buildd.d.o

Dear wanna-build team,

we (the Debian GNU/Hurd buildd maintainers) would hereby like to request
getting added to the official w-b database again.  hurd-i386's w-b is
currently hosted at buildd.debian-ports.org.

For some time now, we have a redundant (albeit para-virtualized) buildd
infrastucture with rossini, bach and mozart (on two different Xen
servers at different locations), so the port is currently keeping up
quite well as far as out-of-date packages are concerned.

It has to be stressed that it never actively got removed or rejected
from buildd.debian.org, there was just a period of time some 4-5 years
ago without hurd-i386 buildds and buildd maintainers after Jeff Bailey
stopped working on the port.

When I picked it up and setup beethoven as buildd, I contacted James
Troup.  He was not against adding the port, however, his actions and
reactions were so slow that we decided to finally host it at
buildd.debian-ports.org when that service started.

However, requests to add build logs to buildd.debian.org were denied by
Ryan Murray at some time back then.

If you agree to a move, we would like merge/migrate/transition the
existing w-b database on buildd.debian-ports.org, if possible.  The
reason for this is that contrary to GNU/Linux ports, there are a lot of
failed builds on hurd-i386 and we spent quite some time manually setting
the failed and dep-wait states together with meaningful reasons.

The current buildd maintainers for the hurd-i386 port are Samuel
Thibault (sthibault@debian.org) and Michael Banck (mbanck@debian.org)
and we plan to do this job in the future as well on buildd.debian.org if
approved.

We are glad to provide any further information that would be needed.

regards,

Michael