building contrib packages

Hello All:

I wonder if there is a way to solve the problem that I have been encountering with a package in contrib. This package, ifeffit, needs a non-free package in order to build. This causes problems with some architectures because the buildds don't always include the non-free sources.

The way I see it, there are two solutions:

1. make sure all the buildds include the non-free repository sources.

2. move the building of contrib packages to the unofficial non-free buildd network, or alternatively, make it possible for maintainers to specify if a contrib package should be built on the unofficial buildd network.

Right now, I have been making do by collecting all the different architectures myself, building the packages by hand and installing all the binaries I can with the initial upload. While i can now manage with most of the architecutres, I will never have them all and as Debian expands, this is not really a tenable situation.

Thanks,

Carlo

--
Carlo U. Segre -- Professor of Physics
Associate Dean for Graduate Admissions, Graduate College