Re: Give back glpk on alpha

* Rafael Laboissiere [Tue, 07 Apr 2009 12:02:14 +0200]:

> * Adeodato Simó <dato@net.com.org.es> [2009-04-06 19:51]:

> > > Does the build-dependency get changed in binNMUs?  I had to change
> > > libltdl3-dev into libltdl-dev in debian/control.

> > libltdl-dev Provides: libltdl3-dev.

> I see, thanks.

> Another question: will the maintainers of packages build-depending on
> libltdl-dev be required to change their Build-Depends line at some point?

That’s a question for the maintainer of the package: if he (or any other
maintainer in the same situation) wants to drop the provides at some
point (which I guess he will), he should to a mass bug filing at minor
severity asking for the Build-Depends to be updated.

If you’re concerned about your packages, moving to the new package name
already is a good thing, though you may want to leave “| libltdl3-dev”
in place to help backports (hm, or maybe that’ll just fail miserable in
the sbuild of the backports.org autobuilders, heh).

Cheers,

--
- Are you sure we're good?
- Always.