Re: trend build issues

On Tue, Sep 01, 2009 at 01:55:06PM +0200, Yuri D'Elia wrote:
> some arches build fine, but some are stuck in BD-Uninstallable status.
> Why is there a difference?

See changelog of freeglut:

     - Remove outdated conflicts, provides and depends.

I guess some arches still had the provides at that point, some didn't.

> Also, is it expected that I cannot build-depend on a virtual package?
> pbuilder has no problems with it.

Who said that?  You really shouldn't use the one you do use, though.

> On a side note, can you please document the "BD-Uninstallable" state in
> the Debian website?
>
>   http://www.debian.org/devel/buildd/wanna-build-states

Probably we should, yes.

Kind regards,
Philipp Kern
--
 .''`.  Philipp Kern                        Debian Developer
: :' :  http://philkern.de                         Stable Release Manager