Persistent lists or gb to BD-Uninstallable

Hi,

Kurt Roeckx and I have installed the edos-debcheck support for
wanna-build just now. It seems that, after a few interations, we did not
break anything.

At the moment, packages will change between Needs-Build and
BD-Uninstallable when --merge-all is called, that is for trigger.often
and trigger.daily. This means that at the moment, a give-back of a
Maybe-Failed package will be Needs-Build until the next run of these
triggers, even it should be BD-Uninstallable. Same for binNMUs. I guess
this should be improved.

There are two ways of doing this, and I’m not sure which one fits better
into the general picture. I hope someone who worked with wanna-build for
longer can comment on that.

Variant A
We make giveback and binNMU switch not to Build-Needed, but
BD-Uninstallable. This way, they will not be tried until the next run of
trigger.often (which happens, well, often). No other changes are
required, the commands run quickly, but there will be a slight delay
every time until the package will be tried.

Additionally, one probably wants gb -o, when applied to packages in
Dep-Wait, switch to BD-Uninstallable as well. If one really wants to try
them, despite what edos-debcheck might say, one can put them into
Needs-Build by running an additional gb -o.

Variant B
We want to do the edos-debcheck immediately after a gb/nmu. Since
edos-debcheck needs the Packages files, it needs to be stored somewhere
where wanna-build will find it. Currently it is only
in /org/wanna-build/tmp, which is not a great location for wanna-build
to rely on to find files. So the triggers should save the lists to an
appropriate place somewhere.

Given that A is less intrusive and does not slow down the gb/nmu
commands, I’d favor that. Any comments?

Greetings,
Joachim

PS: The applied changes to wanna-build include the  s/behalve/behalf/
patch. You should also apply the corresponding change for the release
scripts (i.e. wb), or the "wb --transaction" feature will be broken.

--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner
Debian Developer