Re: How to setup standalone wanna-build server

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 09:58:29AM +0900, Nobuhiro Iwamatsu wrote:
> Hi, Aurelien.
>
> 2009/6/15 Aurelien Jarno <aurelien@aurel32.net>:
> > On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 10:21:50AM +0900, Nobuhiro Iwamatsu wrote:
> >> Hi, all.
> >
> > Hi,

> >> I built the package of the unstable base.
> >> These can get from http://www.nigauri.org/~iwamatsu/debian/test/unstable/.
> >
> > From what I see, all those packages are from unstable. Are they build
> > from unmodified sources, or do you have to apply patches to get them
> > built?
> >
> > Also do you still have the corresponding .changes files? They will be
> > needed to import packages in the debian-ports archive.
>
> Some package needs patch for sh4 build.
> I do BTS of these[0].
> Some patches are already taken in.
>
> And I avoid the build of the document from some packages.
> The document does not have to make Bootstrap, and dependence is big,
> and the package
> (ex. doxygen) to make a document is because what build is very serious.
>
> I do not think that this way is right.
> If a good way matches, please teach it.

The main problem with this way of doing is that it is then difficult to
identify which packages have been built with some patches or some
disabled parts.

On the debian-ports.org archive, to solve this issue we are using two
different suite, unstable which contains unmodified packages, and
unreleased which is specific to an architecture, and which also contain
the modified sources. For more details, please see:
http://www.debian-ports.org/archive

--
Aurelien Jarno	                        GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73