Re: Question to all voters: Is team upload in some example case OK? (Was: Question to all candidates: What are your technical goals)

Hi Scott,

Am Thu, Apr 04, 2024 at 01:12:45PM +0000 schrieb Scott Kitterman:
> On April 4, 2024 12:59:34 PM UTC, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
> >I would like to learn what options I have to realise paragraph
> >
> >   Packaging standards
> >
> >of my platform.
>
> Obviously the DPL has an outsized voice in Debian.  When the DPL says something, it will tend to get more attention within the project.

I agree with "more attention" but I doubt attention is some specific
power.

> Beyond that, what specific powers of the DPL will help you realize this goal?  In other words, why do you need to be DPL to do this?

Quoting myself:  I consider the DPL as a "Leader with no power" so no
specific powers.  I'd possibly like to profit from the higher level of
attention that might motivate others to join the discussion.  Thus I
might have a better chance to moderate this discussion (but I might be
wrong here).

Private reason: I will be motivated to dedicate time into this process
which I have spent all the years more on packaging and QA work.

Kind regards
   Andreas.

--
https://fam-tille.de