Re: General Resolution to deploy tag2upload

On Thu, 27 Jun 2024 16:21:47 +0200, Joerg Jaspert wrote:

> On 17273 March 1977, Aigars Mahinovs wrote:
> > Refusing to make a decision is a decision.
> We haven't refused to make one.
> We haven't been asked for one, even.

> > There is no point in service building a
> > Debian source package where there is a hard requirement that the Debian
> > source package must be a part of the inputs provided to the system.
> We already said that we will do it in a way, that it can be done with
> *minimal* things necessary on client side.

Two comments, one more emotional and one more analytical:

* Part of my gut feeling is that the call for a GR might be a bit
  premature, as I have the feeling that especially Gannef is not
  opposed to t2u in general but is trying to work out how it might
  work; and I really appreciate this positive attitude!

* On the other hand, I have the impression, based on my own
  experiences with the FTP team, that this can go on for another 5
  years or longer, as the FTP team usually avoids taking any formal
  decisions; and this (meta level now) comes from the fact the no
  delegated or ad-hoc team in Debian (except the TC) has any
  bylaws/procedures for taking a decision, so it's easier to just not
  decide.

Not sure what my conclusion might be; maybe something like "Wait for
4 more weeks for an official statement of the FTP team, and failing
that, call for a GR."

Cheers,
gregor

--
 .''`.  https://info.comodo.priv.at -- Debian Developer https://www.debian.org
 `. `'  Member VIBE!AT & SPI Inc. -- Supporter Free Software Foundation Europe