Re: Question to candidates: what are your quantitative diversity goals and metrics?

On Sat, Apr 06, 2024 at 12:14:01AM +0530, Sruthi Chandran wrote:
>    On 28/03/24 05:56, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
>
>  Greetings candidates,
>
>  QUESTION TO THE CANDIDATES: what are your quantitative diversity goals
>  and metrics, and what are the rationales behind those goals and metrics?
>
>    Sorry, I do not wish to put a quantitative value to solve a social issue.

>  Again, these are merely examples. I am interested in how you define
>  diversity and what metrics and goals you derive from that definition.
>
>    I believe there is no point in talking in % when more than 95% of people
>    are from one gender.

It seems counterintuitive that immediately after saying that you "do not
wish to put a quantitative value to solve a social issue" you decided to
put a quantitative value on a social issue as a way of saying "there is
no point in talking in %".

I suppose that once we reach a point as a project where *less* than 95%
of people are from one gender then perhaps you will see a point to
talking about this issue in quantitative terms and be willing to
discuss.

Regards,

-Roberto

--