Re: Changing how we handle non-free firmware

On Wed, 2022-08-31 at 11:19 -0500, Gunnar Wolf wrote:

> However, just pushing a not-well-thought-idea: Would dak, apt, or any
> other bit of our infrastructure be very angry if non-free-firmware
> were to be not an additional component, but a strict subset of
> non-free?
>
> That is, all packages accepted to non-free-firmware would still appear
> as part of non-free (and thus, users having non-free listed would
> still continue to receive updates).

I suggested this in the earlier discussion:

https://lists.debian.org/msgid-search/56b88c450a464743f84a2f451d20d554d81c3546.camel@debian.org

It sounds like that this isn't going to happen:

https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1012533#25

--
bye,
pabs