Re: General resolution: Condemn Russian invasion of the Ukraine

On Thu, Mar 31, 2022 at 12:31:18PM +0200, Julian Andres Klode wrote:
> Under 4.1.5 of the Constitution, the developers by way of GR are the
> body who has the power to issue nontechnical statements.
>
> This is a proposal for Debian to issue a statement on an
> issue of the day as given as an example, the recent invasion
> of Ukraine.
>
> ==== Text of GR ====
>
> The Debian project issues the following statement:
>
> The Debian project strongly condemns the invasion of Ukraine by
> Russia. The Debian projects affirms that Ukrain is a souvereign
> nation which includes the Donbas regions of Luhansk, as well as
> Crimea, which has already been illegaly annexed by Russia.

Thanks everyone for the calm comments.

I think over the past week we have learned that we are not (yet) at
a point where the project would issue such a statement, therefore
I'm not going to drag this out further and am going to close this
topic by withdrawing my proposal.

Regarding Philip's comments about typos: I'm sorry, it's hard
to notice without a spell checker. I now enabled spell checking
in vim. In the same note, I want to apologize for the "the" in
the subject, it's my understanding we should refer to "Ukraine"
and not "the Ukraine", and the text did so, but I missed fixing
this in the subject.

Regarding the Russian law: It's a scare-mongering tactic, don't
give in to it. There is no rule of law in Russia anyway, it's just
a scam.

ubuntu core developer                              i speak de, en