Re: General resolution: Condemn Russian invasion of the Ukraine

On Tue, Apr 05, 2022 at 01:36:02PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> I think this thread has largely petered out, with many people having laid
> out the reasons why Debian taking a public position on this is not
> necessarily a good idea.
>
> But I don't think it should go unadddressed that it's quite a bizarre twist
> to go from "our priorities are our users and Free Software" to "we care
> about evil users".
[...]

Thank you, Steve, for writing what you wrote. I felt the same but couldn't
put it into words this well and I also didn't want to contribute to this
thread. But now it's good that you expressed this so well.

--
cheers,
	Holger

 ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
 ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  holger@(debian|reproducible-builds|layer-acht).org
 ⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀  OpenPGP: B8BF54137B09D35CF026FE9D 091AB856069AAA1C
 ⠈⠳⣄

The mark of a civilized man is the ability to look at a column of numbers and
weep. (Bertrand Russell)