Re: Questions about Debian derivatives

Hi,

On Sun, 27 Mar 2022 11:53:28 +0800
Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
> What do you think of Debian's current relationship with derivatives?
> What would you like to change about our relationships?
> What do you feel Debian's current approach to derivatives is?
> What would you like to change about that approach?

 I think Debian's current approach/relationship with derivatives is
 just showing "free to take it" panel, so I want to change it to
 "listen and learn something that is missing and room for improvement
 in current Debian".

> What is your favourite derivative?

 I like Ubuntu since they are doing and continue some challenges.

> Would you like to see it merged into Debian?

 Some of them are yes, but not entire all of them.

> Thoughts on identical Debian pure blends vs derivatives?

 Hmm. It would be nice that all of derivatives' nice features go
 into blends, and derivatives apply just their own default settings
 that does not fit to Debian.

 It would be good to reduce delta with derivatives for both, and we
 also should decrease our delta (debian/patches) to upstream. Just
 "adjust/refresh patches" is not fun, and maybe introduce some bugs.
 That's not good for us, and our users.

--
Hideki Yamane <henrich@iijmio-mail.jp>