Re: Informal Discussion: Identities of Voters Casting a Particular Ballot are No Longer Public

    Don> If we make all votes secret we should require that the voting
    Don> system used enables voters to validate that their vote was
    Don> correctly recorded and tabulated in the final vote count.
Note that our current constitution does not require this for DPL votes.
Do you think this is important enough to require in the constitution?
I'm guessing yes since you bring it up, but I want to ask explicitly.

    Don> We should also enable independent tabulation,[1] which you get
    Don> automatically when votes are not secret. [Devotee enables this
    Don> currently as well, but future non-devotee systems might not.]

    Don> 1: Where someone can take each individual vote and calculate
    Don> the results themselves.

Same question for this.

Would you be willing to propose a merge request for these two properties
if you think it is important that we require them in the constitution?

Do people like Pierre-Elliott who favor cryptographic approaches have
comments on these two properties?
I want to make sure that if we're ruling out some anonymous voting
system someone favors, we do so explicitly.