Re: Secret Ballots: Handling Disagreement with the Secretary

On Sat, 29 Jan 2022, Sam Hartman wrote:
> So, to be specific, I propose to add a paragraph 8 to section 4.1
> (powers of the developers):
>
>     8. Override a decision of the secretary. Overriding the secretary's
>        determination of the majority required for a ballot option or
>        overriding the determination of the outcome of a vote requires that
>        the developers agree by a 3:1 majority. The secretary's
>        determination of whether a 3:1 majority is required to override
>        the project secretary is not itself subject to override.

I see the intention here. My initial thought is that the constitution
already enables overriding by replacing the secretary through §4.1.7,
assuming the project leader and secretary disagree. [§4.1.1 (recalling
the DPL) could be employed if they agree.]

If we add this, the intersection of §4.1.8 and §4.1.7 should be
addressed when it comes to questions requiring a supermajority.

--
Don Armstrong                      https://www.donarmstrong.com

No matter how many instances of white swans we may have observed, this
does not justify the conclusion that all swans are white.
 -- Sir Karl Popper _Logic of Scientific Discovery_