Summarizing options

Agreed.  Maybe it helps to summarize the options, my take is:

Proposal A replaces the free installer by one containing and sometimes
           enabling non-free firmware -- there is no more free installer
Proposal B gives the free installer less visibility than the non-free one
Proposal C allows presenting free and non-free installers equally visible.
Proposal D is NOTA thus permit publishing a non-free installer like
           today, reinforcing that interpretation of the social contract
Proposal E is proposal A plus change to social contract to permit it

/Simon