Re: Question to all candidates: registering Debian as an organization

On 3/20/22 07:10, Felix Lechner wrote:
If we accidentally formed a General Partnership, as has been suggested
elsewhere

Yes, that would be really dumb for a number of reasons.

I have friends who are or were high-ranking officials at the UN. With
the project's permission, I might explore finding a home for Debian
there. Would the UN be an appropriate potential home for our noble and
selfless efforts?

IMO, very much no. Subject to actual legal advice, I think the obvious answer is a U.S. 501(c)(3), which is what SPI is.

--
Richard