Re: Question to all candidates: Ongoing/future legal projects

Hi,

On Fri, 18 Mar 2022 08:19:28 -0400
Molly dB <deblanc@riseup.net> wrote:
> I don't think it's exactly a term limit problem. In November, there was
> an email to debian-private about a small team handling some legal work
> (also mentioned in Jonathan's email). I want to know about how a new
> DPL would take over this specific issue and manage future legal issues.
> Jonathan's email shared some specifics about how the current issues are
> being handled, so I hope moving forward we can talk about other things.

 Okay.

> In general, I want to hear about how candidates intend on approaching
> the kinds of issues that may need legal intervention in the future. I
> understand that this is a somewhat vague question, because there are
> many types of legal issues. (Someone could bring a copyright claim
> against Debian, for example.) Another way to ask this question would
> be: What's your project management style for a community disaster?

 First, I've never gotten such issues (luckily), so I would "imagine"
 it so far. Arrange a particular team (with our contributors and lawyers
 from outside of the project) and set a special issue tracker
 infrastructure to deal with the problem.

 And DPL (and assistant team if I would be ;) communicate with them
 (+ other teams that related to) and handle the direction. Make a monthly
 progress report and publish it as much as possible (I guess, without
 details, of course) since we project members should know the situations
 we face now.

--
Hideki Yamane <henrich@iijmio-mail.jp>