Re: Amendment to GR Option 1: Hide Identities of Developers Casting a Particular Vote

On Thu, Mar 03, 2022 at 01:54:36PM -0700, Sam Hartman wrote:

> I also believe this advances the end of the discussion period to next
> Thursday (although other actions may advance the end of the discussion
> period further).

I've been reading our new constitution about the discussion period. What
I find is this in A.1.1:
The discussion period starts when a draft resolution is proposed and
sponsored. The minimum discussion period is 2 weeks. The maximum
discussion period is 3 weeks.

And in A.1.4:
The addition of a ballot option or the change via an amendment of a
ballot option changes the end of the discussion period to be one
week from when that action was done [...]

As I see it, there is only a minimum and a maximum, but not some
default. After it's over, the secretary just call for vote. My
interpretation is that as long as the minimum and maximum is not the
same, the secretary can declare that the period is over after the
minimum is over, but can also wait until the maximum is over before
declaring it's over.

So I can actually already say when the voting period is going to be,
and am going for Saturday 2022-03-19 to Friday 2022-04-01, which will
then directly be followed by the DPL vote.

Kurt