Re: Amendment: Keep e-mail while allowing other options in addition [Re: GR: Hide Identities of Developers Casting a Particular Vote]

Le 26/02/2022 à 23:22, Don Armstrong a écrit :
>> I plan to look at least at belenios is voting by email is no longer
>> required. My plan is to run at least a small test to see if people
>> like it or not. I could maybe also run a larger poll. But we'll see
>> about how we pick a different system, or not, later.
>
> Looks interesting. I know (having hacked up devotee to make
> pocket-devotee) that the plumbing around these systems is complicated;

Should Belenios (of which I am upstream) be chosen, I think some
adaptations (and plumbing) will be needed.

In Debian, every voter has a GPG key... This could be leveraged to
simplify things while retaining other security properties.

In Belenios, the primary voting interface is web-based, but its design
allows for other interfaces. For example, there exists a command-line
tool to create ballots, that can be submitted by whatever means to an
election board.

There is also the notion of "trustee", a person who is in charge of
keeping a share of the secret key used to decrypt ballots. The Secretary
comes to mind, but ideally there should be several independent trustees
(maybe the Technical Committee?).

But maybe we should wait for the principle of secret ballots to be
adopted before discussing implementation details...

Stéphane