Re: Amendment: Keep e-mail while allowing other options in addition [Re: GR: Hide Identities of Developers Casting a Particular Vote]

Kurt Roeckx <kurt@roeckx.be> wrote on 26/02/2022 at 12:47:16+0100:

> On Fri, Feb 25, 2022 at 08:06:20AM -0700, Sam Hartman wrote:
>>
>> 2) In the General resolution system, in addition to the constitutional
>> amendment, include a statement of the day asking the secretary to obtain
>> sufficient project consensus before changing how voting works.
>
> I plan to look at least at belenios is voting by email is no longer
> required. My plan is to run at least a small test to see if people like
> it or not. I could maybe also run a larger poll. But we'll see about
> how we pick a different system, or not, later.

Stéphane could really give you some insigihts, here.

I don't know if that's in the scope of this GR, but I'd expect the
technical choice of the voting system to not be constitutionally
defined. I'd expect the constitution to set some unavoidable
requirements, but not define the exact technical tool, which could be
set in a DEP.

PEB