Re: Amendment: Keep e-mail while allowing other options in addition [Re: GR: Hide Identities of Developers Casting a Particular Vote]

On 2/25/22 09:06, Sam Hartman wrote:
2) In the General resolution system, in addition to the constitutional
amendment, include a statement of the day asking the secretary to obtain
sufficient project consensus before changing how voting works.

This feels almost like a tautology of sorts... you're telling the Secretary to make good decisions.

If (hypothetically at some point in the future) we don't trust the Secretary, we should do something about that.

If the Secretary makes a bad decision, we have mechanisms to deal with that (and are actively improving those mechanisms here).

This particular statement of the day doesn't seem to really be binding, and even if it is, "sufficient" is subjective.

--
Richard