Re: GR: Change the resolution process (corrected)

On Sun, Nov 21, 2021 at 03:41:18PM -0800, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Is there a Git repository somewhere with the canonical copy of the
> constitution that I an start from?  I assume it's somewhere in the
> www.debian.org machinery, which is something I've never worked with before
> and am not sure how to get at.

FWIW, when I produced the various word diffs for for
https://www.debian.org/vote/2014/vote_004 IIRC I just started from the
textual version of the Constitution in
/usr/share/doc/debian/constitution.txt.gz .

Feel free to have a look at the Git repo that I used at the time, which
is now here:

  https://gitlab.com/zacchiro/debian-gr-ctte-term-limit

There might be some (trivial) tooling that could be reusable for this
case (I didn't check).

(What you hint at, having a Git repo with both the historical and
 proposed changes of the Debian constitution would indeed be nice to
 have, but IMHO it is not a requirement to address the immediate need
 pointed out by Don, of easing understandability of this GR.)

Thanks a lot for your work on this!
Cheers
--
Stefano Zacchiroli . zack@upsilon.cc . upsilon.cc/zack          _. ^ ._
Full professor of Computer Science              o     o   o     \/|V|\/