Re: Renaming the FTP Masters

On 11/3/21 10:27 PM, Felix Lechner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to rename the FTP Masters team—ideally via a General Resolution.
>
> Since the murder of George Floyd, the average fate of Black lives has
> received much attention. Even the tech sector picked up the
> "master/slave" topic over a year ago. [2][3][4]

Gosh... it's becoming crazy...
Let's rename the FTP master team because FTP is obsolete, not because of
"master" which is there in the sense "professor", or the one who knows
(like Chinese "xifu").

If we're about to engage once more in such a SJW thing for the wrong
reasons, misunderstanding the word "master" in this case. I'll vote no!

> There should be little controversy.

There is: you are mistaking with the meaning of "master" in this case.
We aren't the slaves of the FTP master team!!!

> What do you think about the text below, please? Thanks for reading!

It is *very* silly to do a GR for such a (wrong) thing. Please don't
waste the time of everyone. We have other procedures in Debian, like
asking the DPL to do it, if the FTP master team agrees.

Also, did you engage with the FTP master team at least, before writing
this message? That would be appropriate, IMO.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)

P.S: Please do not take it the wrong way: saying something is silly is
not the same as calling someone silly... I do respect Felix (and
everyone else), and in this instance as well.