Re: Draft proposal for resolution process change (v2)

Hi,

On Sat, 16 Oct 2021, Bill Allombert wrote:
> Given the low voter turnout in most GRs, we should rather extend the
> voting period to give more chance to DDs to vote.

If lengthening the period would result in that, I would happily accept
it but I think this is not really the case (or only marginally so)
because as you point out the issue is the cost of having to dig through
the various options, possibly reading up part of the discussion, reading
up opinions of respected DD, etc.

I assume that when DD don't vote, it's either because they don't care or
because they don't want to take the time to make up their mind to fill an
informed ballot. If the vote is about something you care about, you will
find the required time.

> For the others, this require allocating time to dig through the vote
> options, and what are their actual effects, and decide on a ranking.
> Not all developers can use their week-end for that task.

Well, the vote is open every day... I wanted to keep at least two
week-ends because that's the period where most casual Debian contributors
are likely to have some free time to read up and fill a ballot.

  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀   Raphaël Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org>
  ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁
  ⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋    The Debian Handbook: https://debian-handbook.info/get/
  ⠈⠳⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀   Debian Long Term Support: https://deb.li/LTS