Re: Draft proposal for resolution process change (v2)

> I think we should aim at shortening the voting period too, but likely
> not by much. I would make the voting period last at least 9 days (and no
> more than 14) with a requirement to include two week-ends. Then the
> secretary should have some leeway in fixing the start and the end based
> on his own availability.

Do you think this is something that we should tackle as part of this GR or
as a separate change?  It feels somewhat orthogonal to me.

>> Here is my current draft:

> I saw some interesting discussion about the need to remove the 2:1
> majority requirement to overrule the TC in case the decision has been
> made with the chair casting vote, but I don't see any language for this.

> Is there any reason for this?

I floated the idea but I don't believe anyone has supported the proposal
that I made, and I don't think there's more than one person expressing
support for any other specific proposal.  I was letting the discussion
continue (I owe another response in that thread), but I don't want to add
anything substantive to the GR draft unless there's a fairly clear
consensus in favor of it.  So if folks would like to see this change as
well, please speak up!