Re: Draft proposal for resolution process change (v2)

On Sun, Oct 10, 2021 at 12:01:35PM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Having closely followed a bunch of GRs now, my personal impression is that
> almost all of the substantitive discussion happens in the first week.
> Some discussion continues into the second week, and for controversial GRs
> a few more options are drafted then.  With the systemd GR, the final
> option that made the ballot was proposed just shy of the three week mark,
> admittedly forced by the vote timing.  (For whatever it's worth, that last
> option was also the only option to not beat further discussion, but there
> was another option proposed a day earlier that did much better.)

I do believe reducing the discussion period gives too much head start to
the proposing parties, by contrast to others developers that may not
have allocate time to participate in such discussion at this point of
the time. This is a matter of fairness.

I also believe that the systemd GR was too atypical to serve as an example.

Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.