Re: General Resolution: Statement regarding Richard Stallman's readmission to the FSF board result

Le lundi 19 avril 2021 à 15:55:19-0700, Felix Lechner a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Apr 19, 2021 at 2:40 PM Pierre-Elliott Bécue <peb@debian.org> wrote:
> >
> > I don't understand how you semantically see 7 and 8 as comparable.
>
> Aside from Bdale's reason for ranking unwanted options below FD—which
> were motivated by the voting system—I do: GRs do not decide a matter
> with prejudice, even though the weight to bring them again may be
> substantial. Therefore, doing nothing is very similar to doing nothing
> but talking more.

Stating "I shall not make a statement" isn't, to me, doing nothing. It's
far the opposite actually, it's expressing the idea that the matter is
outside our scope. While FD here just means maybe in some future we'll
express some opinion on it, but first we have to discuss it more.

As for the meaning of the vote itself, I will not risk any coin on it.

--
Pierre-Elliott Bécue
GPG: 9AE0 4D98 6400 E3B6 7528  F493 0D44 2664 1949 74E2