Re: Making the RMS resolution a Secret Ballot

On Fri, Apr 09, 2021 at 05:55:48PM +0000, Holger Levsen wrote:
> That said, I think it's a *very* bad idea to change the vote procedure
> during an ongoing vote. Really *bad* idea and precedence. Double more
> so on a vote with shortened discussion period.
>
> (plus secret voting is a *really really really* hard problem.)
>

> I also don't fear that much of a changed outcome. It seems 117 Debian
> people (most of them voters I believe) signed https://rms-open-letter.github.io/
> and https://vote.debian.org/~secretary/gr_rms/ counts 268 valid votes,
> so, based on that *and* on the discussion here now and in the past, I
> don't think a few people who fear to vote what they think because then
> their opinion could become public will make a big difference.

footnote1: I'm sorry if this sounded like I might disregarded those very real
fears and hate mail and worse. By all means not. But, as written right here...(!)

--
cheers,
	Holger

 ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
 ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁       holger@(debian|reproducible-builds|layer-acht).org
 ⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ PGP fingerprint: B8BF 5413 7B09 D35C F026 FE9D 091A B856 069A AA1C
 ⠈⠳⣄