Re: dealing with aggression against project

Dmitry Smirnov <onlyjob@debian.org> writes:
> On Wednesday, 7 April 2021 11:22:27 AM AEST Russ Allbery wrote:

>> PS: I would not consider such a letter to be "aggression against the
>> project" in any meaningful way, and thus also don't agree with the
>> subject line of this thread.

> In this case I'd say you are wrong.

And you can express that opinion, and I can find your opinion unpersuasive
and decline to change my mind or actions on the basis of that opinion.
Similarly, you can find my opinion unpersuasive and decline to change your
mind or actions.

If you don't feel that opinion is being taken seriously enough, you can
group together with other people to express that opinion collectively and
try to use your collective reputations to influence people's actions that
way.  You could even work within the bylaws of an organization to issue a
statement from that organization as a whole to try to give it more weight.
And of course I can continue to disagree with you and do all of the same
things with my opinion.

The fuzzy and imprecise but generally-used short-hand for this ongoing
process is "free speech."  I hear it is vital to defeating communism.