Re: Debian-vote: GRs, discussion and voting periods - a plea for calm

On Sun, Apr 04, 2021 at 05:36:21PM +0000, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>

> > Thanks
>
> (I agree with your mail. I'm just wondering.. about the following)
>
> - are you a member of the community team?
> - was this an 'official' mail from the team or your personal opinion or a mix or?
>
> IOW: I think it would have been / be good to make these things clear(er).
>
> Thanks!

Hi Holger,

I _am_ a member of the community team. I did consult other members of the team
before posting. This is, primarily, a personal view - designed, as I said, to
stop numbers of complaints to -community and to calm discussion - I did
consider whether to put this out as the view of the team as a whole but there
were only half of us there - a personal plea for calm felt more in tune both
with what I wanted to say and what was necessary immediately.

Full clarification: I don't object to discussion at all under
normal circumstances - but I couldn't stand to have another fortnight of
traffic on debian-vote at the level of feeling that we have now or the number
of emails we've had all over again :)

> --
> cheers,
> 	Holger