DD vs DM and debian-vote

    >> I sincerely think debian-vote should be read-only for non-DDs
    Salvo>   because this person is not a DD (afaict) and is just
    Salvo> polluting our list with such non-sense.

    Salvo> There are non-DD people who maintain more packages and with
    Salvo> higher total popcon than DDs, but aren't DD because didn't
    Salvo> bother to jump through all the several hoops to become a DD.

Those "hoops" are precisely about the broader community stuff that
matters when setting direction for the community as a whole.

If you want to contribute to the community by maintaining packages,
that's great.
To a large extent you generally get significant autonomy within your
packages.

But if you want to be part of deciding Debian's direction, or have
authority cross-package (NMUs, upload to new, etc), you need to be a DD.
Some of those hoops are exactly about judging your communications
skills, and are very much relevant for debian-vote discussions.

Yes, it takes work to go through the AM process.
I don't think it's unreasonable to ask you to take on that work if you
want a voice in debian-vote.

The AM process is quite efficient these days.
We've had a couple of times in the last month where we had free
application managers and were able to start the process as soon as all
the requirements were met.
We've had several processes lately take less than a month to complete.