Re: Nuance Regarding RMS

Adrian Bunk <bunk@debian.org> wrote:

> The traits that make RMS appear awkward are the same that made him
> create the GNU project and the FSF, and without RMS being the way he
> is Debian would not exist.

Yes!

RMS is one stubborn guy.

Fifty years ago a laserprinter didn't work right because of some
software issue and he couldn't fix it because the software in that
car-sized prototype Xerox laserprinter was proprietary and it pissed
him off and he vowed that one day *nobody* will be in that position.
He's holding fast to that vow. He still works tirelessly, every day,
to bring us that vision.

I've got a stupid Dell laserprinter 80cm from me and it doesn't work
right because of some stupid software issue and I can't fix it because
I don't have the source code. Nobody cares. Well, except RMS. He
cares. He has my back on this one. Whatever else you want to say about
him: RMS has got all our backs on this one.

We can call him names in public, we can make fun of him, we can bully
him, we can exclude him, we can ostracise him. Even so, no matter
what, he'll still have our backs on this one.

--Barak.