Re: Announcing new decision making procedures for Debian

On 01.04.21 10:11, Santiago R.R. wrote:
> What happens if Kurt also wants to take part in the discussion? Should
> we decide on who will review the messages and announce the winner of
> that discussion?

I was worried about this, too.

I'm not sure that deciding on another reviewer is feasible. Actually,
that would probably set us back to right where we started.

I think we have to differentiate between two cases:
  (1) Kurs agrees with the winner
  (2) Kurs disagrees with the winner

(1) is a non-issue, I think.

For (2), I could imagine that a best-of-5 rock-paper-scissors tournament
as a possible quick solution. That, of course, assumes that Kurt won't
manipulate the contest (he still chooses the opponent, after all) but
we're all assuming good faith here.

Thank you for bringing this up.