Re: GR: Change the resolution process (corrected)

Don Armstrong <don@debian.org> writes:
> On Sat, 20 Nov 2021, Russ Allbery wrote:

>>        1. Any member of the Technical Committee may propose a resolution.
>>           This creates an initial two-option ballot, the other option
>>           being the default option of "Further discussion." The proposer
>>           of the resolution becomes the proposer of the ballot option.

> Suggest making this "None of the above" instead of "Further discussion"
> to avoid two different default options for TC decisions vs project
> decisions.

This was discussed briefly earlier, and for whatever it's worth was
intentional.  My reasoning was that when the TC is asked to make a
decision, "None of the above" doesn't conclude that process.  In the TC
case, it does seem to really mean "further discussion" in the sense that
the TC hasn't resolved the issue in front of them and has to keep
discussing it.

That said, I don't feel strongly about this and can change this if folks
would prefer, particularly if TC members don't think that's the right way
to go.

>> Strike "The Chair has a casting vote." from the existing text and make
>> the remaining text a separate, second paragraph.

> I'm assuming the intention is to remove the duplication of "The Chair
> has a casting vote", right? [That's what I understood, but textual
> descriptions of text edits are challenging.]

Correct.

> Because of this (and others), can I suggest that the ballot option be
> specified as a wdiff to the existing constitution?

Is there a Git repository somewhere with the canonical copy of the
constitution that I an start from?  I assume it's somewhere in the
www.debian.org machinery, which is something I've never worked with before
and am not sure how to get at.