+1 (was Re: Draft proposal for resolution process changes)

On Tue, Sep 28, 2021 at 08:50:08PM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> [...]  My goal is a proposal that anyone
> can support as long as they agree that:
>
> * We currently need an explicit and clearly-specified decision-making
>   process for the Technical Committee and the Developers via General
>   Resolution.
> * The current systems for both are confusing and somewhat unclear, and
>   have loopholes that have caused frustration and perceptions of
>   unfairness in the past.
> * This proposal is an incremental improvement in clarity and fairness
>   without losing any valuable properties of the existing systems.
>
> The one trade-off decision that I'm explicitly making is that, given the
> past problems and complaints about issues with vote timing, I've made the
> timing of votes less flexible in order to make them more predictable.

sounds all very good to me, many thanks for driving this, Russ!

> I would love for us to make more decisions, more quickly, and be more
> willing to change them later based on further experience.  I would love
> for us to make more mistakes and learn from them, instead of being
> unwilling to commit or to risk making anyone unhappy and thus postpone
> decisions until they're no longer exciting or motivating and have become
> mere drudgery.

YES!

--
cheers,
	Holger

 ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
 ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  holger@(debian|reproducible-builds|layer-acht).org
 ⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀  OpenPGP: B8BF54137B09D35CF026FE9D 091AB856069AAA1C
 ⠈⠳⣄

Live may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we might as well
dance!