Re: Draft proposal for resolution process changes

    Felix> The constitution's projection of hardened confrontation
    Felix> entails a terrible reflexivity: A 3:1 supermajority leaves no
    Felix> gray area. There is no gentle nudge and no room for
    Felix> measurement. The maintainer was so wrong, fixing it required
    Felix> the second-worst measure in the Debian universe. (Expulsion
    Felix> being the most drastic.) No defeated maintainer will go to
    Felix> bed that night. thinking "well I lost, but it was a close
    Felix> call." I would like to give the system more wiggle room.

Felix, one of the things I've learned to value both from software and
from politics is the idea of incremental improvement.

I very much would love to find ways to avoid hardened conflict.
You can see that in my rationale for resigning from the TC, in my
comments on finding compasion, and in my comments on thoughts about
revising the structure of the TC.

And yet, I think those changes are going to be larger.
I'd love to see us accomplish them.
I'm struggling trying to write a note to debian-private asking how we
managed to turn down a path of conflict rather than a path of
cooperation.

But I think those larger changes will take time.
And I think Russ's changes will make the process more fair and will
remove some potential obstacles for making those larger changes in the
future.

If I commit to continuing to work toward building a Debian with more
compassion and cooperation and less conflict, would you join me in that
work later and not stand in the way of this incremental improvement?