Re: Question Re: Advertising in Packages

Hi Antonio,

Quoting Antonio Russo (2021-08-16 03:04:33)
>    "Can one advertise non-free services in a Debian package?
>     Is doing so a violation of some Debian policy?
>
> I apologize if this is the wrong venue to ask this question (and, if
> so, could someone please direct me to the proper venue to ask this
> kind of question).

The better place to ask is debian-legal@lists.debian.org

As I undertand it, it is legally ok to advertise for non-free services
in a Debian package - but it is socially awkward, and Debian may choose
to not distribute a package for other reasons than it being illegal.

...But you really should ask the proper place where those interested and
skilled in those matters are subscribed.

 - Jonas