Re: If we're Going to Have Alternate Init Systems, we need to Understand Apt Dependencies

    Svante> Jonathan, FYI: From a mail From Uoti Urpala:
    Svante> https://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2019/12/msg00054.html

That mail had unfortunate tone and several people replied to the thread
indicating that   the approach taken was not appropriate for Debian
lists.

    >> I don't believe that that kind of tone is welcome on this list. I

    Svante> Again, systemd versus sysvinit is not the real issue. It is
    Svante> about systemd versus _any_ alternative.

Thank you for this point.
It is appreciated, as was your long list of init systems to think about.

    Svante> And don't talk about
    Svante> tone, look at this mail list archive, one contribution
    Svante> quoted above.

This however is not welcome, nor was

>I've purposely kept out of this discussion, hoping that you all can
>behave in a civil manner. Obviously not.

I appreciate that you'd like to talk about alternatives other than
sysvinit.
That's great.
We welcome that *if* you can do so in a respectful manner.
There are several of us who would be happy to help you figure out how to
do that more effectively.

--Sam