Re: Reframing (was Re: Proposal: Reaffirm our commitment to support portability and multiple implementations)

guillem@debian.org wrote:

> * The traditional-only way camp: This group outright rejects things
>   like systemd, and other similar technologies. Some of this group was
>   part of Debian in the past, but found a new home in Devuan. People
I read all my emails with mutt (which I used to maintain) and the news
with tin (which I still maintain).
I send all my emails over UUCP.
My desktop is fvwm (with parts of GNOME!)
My terminals are 80x25.
I maintain Fidonet-related software.
My favourite programming language is Perl.
I use IRC all the time and I despise Slack.
I judge people who send HTML emails or top quote or have signatures
longer than 4 lines.

I am quite fond of my traditions but I still recognize the systemic
benefits provided by only supporting systemd: I do not accept for this
issue to be framed as "tradition vs. progress".

--
ciao,
Marco