Re: My analysis of the proposals

    Uoti> IMO encouragement for supporting alternative systems could be
    Uoti> reasonable, but only for actual new innovation; maintainers
    Uoti> should be explicitly permitted to remove any existing sysvinit
    Uoti> scripts and refuse addition of similar scripts. Systemd units
    Uoti> should be no worse a basis to bootstrap a new system.

This is what I tried to capture with Proposal B.
I wrote a blog post yesterday which still should be on planet discussing
my thoughts about this and discussing some of the risks of that
proposal.

That said, parts of your message would have been more constructive if
they were phrased more politely.
It's possible to disagree with people (even very strongly) while still
respecting that there are different opinions.
As a recipient of such disagreement I've found Debian to be a much more
enjoyable place to be when people take the time to do that.

--Sam