Re: Review of proposals

    Russ> Sam, I think you misunderstood Simon's concern.  He's not
    Russ> looking for guidance for packages that don't work properly
    Russ> with sysvinit.  He's looking for guidance for packages that
    Russ> don't work properly with *systemd* (the inverse of that
    Russ> problem).

You're correct.
I totally misunderstood the question.
Thanks for pointing this out and sorry for getting it wrong.

For me, whether a package runs when systemd is not pid 1 is not a core
question.  I suspect that natural forces will cause reasonable things to
happen.  For example many maintainers want their packages to work in the
default configuration.