Re: Typo in proposal B

    Ian> Martin Michlmayr writes ("Typo in proposal B"):
    >> "It is important that the project support the efforts"
    >>
    >> s/support/supports/?
    >>
    >> (I know British and American English don't agree whether an
    >> organization is singular or plural but it seems to me that "the
    >> project" is singular.)

    Ian> I think this is a subjunctive.

I agree with Ian.
I tend to try and write in Chicago Style except where I disagree with
that style (for example their approach to gender is more conservative
than meets the needs of audiences I write for).
I considered spending a while with the grammar section of CMOS 17 last
night to decide  support and supports both sound correct to me.  My
first guess is the same as Ian's: I think that is subjunctive rather
than indicative mood.
However, I realized that at the point where I'm considering spending 30
minutes with a style guide, we've already won.  We've already reached
the quality necessary for a GR.