Re: Re-Proposing: General Resolution on Init Systems and systemd

On Sat, Nov 16, 2019 at 09:01:45PM -0800, Russ Allbery wrote:
> > I also don't think it is appropriate to consider something overriding a
> > delegate unless it is overiding a specific decision of a delegate.
>
> For the record, it's not possible in this case to override a decision of
> the delegated Policy Editors on this topic, since we haven't made one.
>
> It would be possible to make a decision that is within our delegation
> scope by GR.  As with NMUs, I'm very happy for the project as a whole to
> fix my bugs for me any time y'all would like.  :)

The constitution says "Make or override any decision authorised by
the powers of the Project Leader or a Delegate." So a GR does not
need to override a decision.

But as you pointed out, I'm happy to interprete this as using the
4.1.3 powers of the policy editors and release team, nor do I
really see a difference between 4.1.3 and 4.1.5.

Kurt