Re: [draft] Draft text on Init Systems GR

"Alexander E. Patrakov" <patrakov@gmail.com> writes:

> I think that one choice is missing here. Could you please include
> something like this, just to see how many people are THAT radical?
> P.S. myself, I wouldn't vote for this even if I had a vote.

> Choice 4: systemd without Diversity at all

Including options in a GR that no one supports is a waste of everyone's
time and mental energy.  The way that we figure out if there's another
option that people would support is that, during the GR proposal process,
there's a period reserved for amendments.  Those amendments need to be
seconded by a threshold number of developers (if not accepted by the
proposer of the GR).

That way, if an option is not put forward and seconded, we know that the
support probably isn't much higher than the required support threshold
(which is much, much smaller than the size of the project), with some
caveats about folks who will vote but not read the debian-vote discussion
and folks who are willing to vote but not put their name forward on a
proposal.

If anyone feels like we should be more unequivocal about standardizing on
systemd alone than any of the available options, they'll have an
opportunity to put that forward and test its support.