Re: Failing GPG key (was: Re: Debian Project Leader election 2019: First call for votes)

On Tue, Apr 09, 2019 at 06:21:52PM +0200, Mathias Behrle wrote:
> * Joerg Jaspert: " Re: Failing GPG key (was: Re: Debian Project Leader election
>   2019: First call for votes)" (Tue, 09 Apr 2019 16:44:43 +0200):
>
> > On 15367 March 1977, Mathias Behrle wrote:
> >
> > > - What about DDs being approved just during the voting period? They should
> > >   clearly be able to vote.
> >
> > It has always been avoided to add new DDs during voting period to avoid
> > accusations of "rig a vote by letting the right people join at that
> > moment".
>
> Could as well be phrased: "rig a vote by not letting in the right people";)

That would only be the case if the key were removed intentionally by
someone other than the owner of the key.  I have an expiry set on my own
key and that therefore makes me, and only me, responsible to ensure that
I update the expiry when necessary to avoid problems.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sánchez