Re: Bikeshedding

On Mon 2019-04-01 15:17:27 -0400, Louis-Philippe Véronneau wrote:
> On 19-03-31 03 h 39, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
>>
>> Statement: every Debian package must be maintained in Git on salsa and
>> every Debian Developer with upload rights to the archive should have
>> commit/push right to every packaging repository on salsa.
>
> I'm curious to how this would be implemented on Salsa. As far as I know,
> DDs get added to the 'Debian' group when their accounts are created and
> already have commit access on all repositories in that group.

fwiw, i think team-specific repository groupings in salsa aren't
particularly useful.  I prefer to work on teams whose packages are
already in the debian/ namespace anyway.

So if i had to decide how to implement this technique, i think the
simplest thing would be to move every
https://salsa.debian.org/foo-team/libfoo to
https://salsa.debian.org/debian/libfoo and let the debian/ grouping
handle the permissions.

That still leaves all the rest of salsa for user-specific projects,
upstream projects, etc., which might have different permissions.

Is there some reason that wouldn't address the concern you're raising?

    --dkg