Is free software political?

I know some people will be unhappy at me just for asking this question,
but we would be naive to ignore the topic all together, and I don't know
exactly where the others draw their lines yet.

My question is to the other 4 DPL candidates, and I'm happy to answer it
too if anyone is interested in my view.

So my questions, and feel free to rephrase the question or just answer
in a way that's meaningful to you:

1. Do you think that free software is inherently political? Do you think
there's place for politics in free software?

2. The same as #1, but for Debian instead of free software.

Thanks!

-Jonathan

--
  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) <jcc>
  ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Debian Developer - https://wiki.debian.org/highvoltage