Re: Q to both candidates: preventing burnout by other contributors

Hey Antoine,

> One thing I remember seeing Zack do fairly often in his time as a DPL
> was to intervene in certain threads to provide a summary and try to find
> a way out of difficult situations.

I've seen a number of DDs attempt this route. Some succeed but unfortunately
many fail or at least do not effectively clarify the situation, merely adding
yet another voice to the conversation.

It seems to be an incredibly difficult skill to master and I cannot claim
to have substantial prior experience. Perhaps it wasn't Zack-as-DPL that
helped move those particular conversations along but rather Zack's mediation
skills…? What do you think?

> Putting victims in front of their opprossors can put a tremendous
> emotional load on the victim and cause another traumatic event to
> occur

Of course. Meetups would only suitable to "iron out" technical conflicts
that have inflamed or, say, when a developer is behaving poorly in a team
in general and certainly not when there is a direct victim-oppressor
situation. Apologies this wasn't clearer in my previous mail; I was trying
to keep the two cases distinct.

Regards,

--
      ,''`.